Advertiser: First Gas LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Operations
First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high-pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to consumers throughout the North Island. Our transmission assets span more than 2,200 kilometres, include numerous compressor stations and an underground gas storage site. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes, the Ahuroa gas storage facility and Rockgas – a national LPG supplier. These are collectively valued at more than $1.8 billion. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand economy, and we are focused on ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our pipeline system.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce which reflects New Zealand’s society, to create a culture which supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately continue to evolve and grow as a business.
First Gas is committed to providing a work environment which provides a balance between your work and lifestyle, along with a focus of continuous improvement and development.
At First Gas, you will be joining a team where autonomy, team work and flexibility will complement the challenging and interesting work environment.
We are looking for a Laboratory Manager to lead the Metrology Laboratory and manage contracts to drive revenue growth and support the wider team to deliver on our strategy.
- Communicating a compelling and inspired vision for the Metrology Lab to drive achievement of the business objectives.
- Supporting cultural change to achieve first class performance and best practise to build a sustainable Laboratory, Quality and Technical capability.
- Translating First Gas’s Specialist Services strategy into concrete objectives and business plans
- Leading improvements in team culture and provide a sense of core purpose which motivates and inspires staff.
- Promote an environment of continuous learning and support the team develop their potential.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic, forward thinker who wants to be part of the challenge to grow our business and has great ideas to help us get there.
Success factors in this role:
- People orientated, and results driven
- Ability to problem solve and inherently curious
- Able to build relationships with key customers and build new ones
- Ability to lead and grow a team
- A willingness to learn, develop and share knowledge
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent
- First Gas offers a culture that embraces innovation and integrity, encourages proactive thinking and rewards achievement.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Opportunity for career development in an environment that places high emphasis on leadership and technical training, along with professional development.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
Applications Close: 26-July-2019
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/55825/desc/