Domestic Insurance Broker
Advertiser: Aon New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
Our Lower Hutt Branch is looking for a new Domestic Insurance Broker to join their tight knit team.
In this position you will work on a largely domestic portfolio with a book of well established, existing clients. A large part of your role will focus on building relationships and driving new business.
There is a mixture of people in the branch, some at the beginning of their career and others who have 20 years in the business. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from both, in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This is a great role where you will play a pivotal role in the team by providing technical broking and general administration support in respect of assigned clients, through liaison with clients, underwriters and Aon Management.
Day-to-day you might work on:
- Relationship building with Clients and Underwriters
- Managing Client renewals and day to day queries
- General Administration Support and First Point of Contact for phone calls and visitors
Ideally you will come from an Insurance Broking background, but we are open to hearing from people who can demonstrate proven capability within client account management.
We will be looking for:
- Proven background building client relationships
- Autonomy and confidence managing your own portfolio
- Corporate written and verbal communication skills
- Experience growing new business would be advantageous
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
There is also small sales component in this role, as we hope to grow our branch and build new client relationships. You will need to be a confident and resilient person who genuinely believes in the Aon brand and the benefits it can offer.
Aon Culture & Benefits
We currently have approximately 850 employees in New Zealand. Globally, we have an employee base of 50,000 people, working across 120 countries. This allows us to build the best teams and gather the best thinking from around the world to deliver quality solutions and service locally.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.