Senior Programme Manager - Testing
Advertiser: Drug Free Sport NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $70,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
What is Drug Free Sport New Zealand?
Sport has become a central part of New Zealand's national identity and a recognisable part of the social and cultural fabric we all identify with.
Drug Free Sport New Zealand is New Zealand's National Anti-Doping Organisation. Our vision is to have New Zealand sport that is free of doping, and our responsibility is to help ensure our athletes compete in a doping-free environment. DFSNZ is an Independent Crown Entity with a team of 14, based in Ellerslie, Auckland.
Our work comprises three key components:
- Education – through athlete resources, outreach programmes, seminars and research;
- Regulation – through our testing and investigations programme; and
- Influence – to help create a culture of clean sport in New Zealand and to ensure anti-doping rules reflect the needs of our athletes.
Visit our website to find out more: www.drugfreesport.org.nz
What does this role involve?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Programme Manager – Testing to join Drug Free Sport New Zealand (DFSNZ) based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Reporting to the Programme Director – Testing & Investigations, this role is part of the team responsible for planning and implementing DFSNZ's testing programme, a core part of our work.
The purpose of the Senior Programme Manager – Testing role is to lead the planning and implementation of a testing programme that is intelligence-driven, targeted and unpredictable to athletes, to enhance DFSNZ's ability to detect and deter doping in sport. This will be achieved through sport-specific knowledge and using information gathered from a variety of sources.
The Senior Programme Manager will also be responsible for managing our sample collection personnel, most of whom are independent contractors, working out in the field. This includes recruitment, training and contract management – with a particular emphasis on building a quality assurance programme to effectively measure and monitor performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and passionate team who are committed to clean sport.
How do I apply?
Please include a cover letter, along with your CV, explaining why you are right for this role to:
Drug Free Sport New Zealand, PO Box 17-451, Greenlane, Auckland 1546 or by email to email@example.com.
Applications will also be accepted via the Seek website
Applications close 5.00pm, Wednesday 24 July 2019.
For more information, please visit our website: https://drugfreesport.org.nz/what-we-do/about-us/careers/
What skills & experience are required?
The successful applicant will have least 3 years' experience in project management including logistics, resource management and service delivery and experience in coaching/mentoring others. He/she will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail (including planning and logistical skills) and have a strong personal commitment to clean sport.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail in logistics planning, implementation and review.
- Effective project management of assigned tasks.
- Communicates effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Competent in using a range of computer software.
- Experience in anti-doping
- An interest in / passion for sport
- Experience in training & developing others
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?