Advertiser: Core HR LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Our client, Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Finance Officer for our Football Development department to ensure the efficient implementation of financial operations.
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of budgets and financial reporting
- Analyse, interpret and develop strategies to minimise financial risk
- Reconcile and reimburse credit card claims and payment requests
- Assist the Head of Finance and Services with reconciliation of financial operations, reporting and audits
- Assist with fixed asset and inventory stocktakes and records
- Ensure all financial operations are in line with company frameworks, polices and procedures.
Benefits and perks:
Health & Life Insurance benefits
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant should be an innovative thinker with strong analytical skills and attention to detail and have;
- previous administration experience,
- experience in the Accounting sector (in a not for profit preferable)
- sound knowledge of grant management and
- experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint) at an Intermediate level.
The Next Steps:
Please apply with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?