Media & Communications Manager
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Exciting opportunity for a Media & Communications Manager to showcase their talent & make a difference for one of NZ's most trusted & loved organisations - SURF LIFE SAVING NZ
- Fantastic opportunity for a talented Media & Communications Manager who wants to make a positive difference
- A challenging and varied hands-on role covering all aspects of media, communications & PR
- Join a wonderful team of talented & dedicated people who love what they do
Keen to work for SURF LIFE SAVING NZ & help shape and share our incredible story to champion our cause? Make a difference & bring real purpose to your work by joining our team!
Surf Life Saving NZ (SLSNZ) is a charity and relies on the generosity of the public, commercial partners, foundations and trusts for donations and financial contributions in order to lead and support our incredible front line volunteer lifeguarding services. As NZ’s leading coastal & beach safety, drowning prevention and rescue authority, we are truly unique, delivering proactive lifeguarding & essential emergency rescue services, a range of public education beach safety programmes, member education, training & development as well as a highly respected sport.
The purpose of this role is to champion the cause of Surf Lifesaving – to raise our profile and increase the awareness of SLSNZ as a charity with volunteer lifeguards by sharing our stories and upholding our position as NZ’s leading coastal and beach safety, drowning prevention and rescue authority.
Key responsibilities include the planning, development and implementation of SLSNZ’s media, PR and internal & external communications strategy in line with our strategic objectives across all organisational areas – lifeguarding, education (community & members), commercial & marketing (including fundraising) and sport whilst championing our cause and raising the profile of SLSNZ as a charity.
Personal attributes we are seeking include being results oriented, driven & motivated, pays high attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple projects and deadlines, exceptional relationship management skills, strategic & operational thinking, flexibility - and most importantly, genuine belief in our cause! A sense of humour will go a long way too.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include:
- At least 3-5 years experience and proven track record in a similar role - Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- A degree in Communications, PR and or Marketing.
- The ability to write engaging content across all styles & genres including media & PR releases, social media posts, Annual Reports, website content, promotional material, strategic reports etc.
- Exceptional communication and people skills - you'll prove yourself a wordsmith, a good listener and a good talker and have the ability to connect to a wide-range of people
- Ability to manage and implement multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Strong creative skills
- Digital savvy with the ability to create, develop and implement communication strategies for our website (including SEO, uploading content, architecture etc) social media channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter) and digital channels/platforms (Campaign Monitor, Linked In etc).
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office packages including word, excel, power point, outlook
- Ability to use canva, mail chimp, survey monkey, campaign monitor, Photoshop, Indesign and other similar products would be an advantage.
- Full driver’s licence
We have a fantastic team at Surf Life Saving NZ, an excellent group of partners and we take great pride in what we do, because we care & believe in our cause. Interested? Please take a look at the Position Description. If you are keen to join us, please send in a cover letter and your CV with at least three references before or by 11pm, 1 August 2019.
Please note that we are keen to fill this position as quickly as possible with the right person. We will start reviewing and interviewing appropriate candidates before the deadline so don't delay in sending in your application.
Applications Close: 1-August-2019
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/55810/desc/