Office Administrator Christchurch - 6 month Fixed Term
Advertiser: NZ AIDS FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $41,245 - $45,827 pro rata
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Do you want to significantly contribute to the elimination of new HIV transmissions in Aotearoa New Zealand by 2025? Do you have a proven track record of client focused work and a real desire to create welcoming and safe spaces for those most affected by HIV? Do you want to support our target populations including Gay and Bisexual Men (GBM) to access and engage with HIV & STI testing and therapeutic services to meet their unique needs? Are you an administration super star able to establish and follow processes that ensures staff and systems are supporting success? Then read on!
The New Zealand AIDS Foundation have been at the forefront of HIV prevention in Aotearoa for the past 30 years. With the same passion as those who have come before us, we’re continuing to work hard to prevent HIV transmission, reduce stigma and maximise the wellbeing of those most affected. Through our community engagement, behaviour-change marketing campaigns, testing and therapeutic support services, we reach people across the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is key to helping support the Ending HIV campaign which aims to build a strong community movement that inspires and empowers gay and bisexual men to take action to end new HIV transmissions in New Zealand.
You will be responsible for creating a welcoming environment for people visiting Te Toka. One that is comfortable, safe and inclusive for our priority populations, particularly GBM. You will also be required to deliver general administrative duties to help support the Te Toka team, and other NZAF administrators to meet operational deliverables and goals.
Don’t know if you have the skills required to be an office administrator at Te Toka? Don’t worry we’ve got that covered; we provide full training on the key tasks related to this role.
You will however:
- Have highly developed administration and communication skills with a keen eye for detail and process
- Be able to create and deliver a welcoming environment that is comfortable, safe and inclusive for our priority populations, particularly GBM
- Answer queries and providing information on NZAF services, including those provided by contractors and where appropriate provide referral links for those needing additional or alternative support.
- Have a keen sense of urgency, the ability to prioritise and multitask the key facets of work across your working day.
- You will have a high level or resilience that allows you to engage and complete varied sensitive pieces of work supporting the client journey within the NZAF health services.
- Maintain excellent client data records in our database system.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism across all work especially regarding confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new internal and external stakeholders/suppliers.
- Disseminate accurate information about NZAF by developing familiarity with NZAF strategy including HIV prevention work and supporting those most affected by HIV in Aotearoa.
- Help support the Te Toḵa centre and other NZAF staff to deliver an effective and client centred service
- Be able to work independently and be open to flexible working hours if the business requires
NZAF offers a competitive compensation package with a salary range from $41,245 - $45,827 as a salary pro rata.
For the Job Description and the Application Form please visit our website: https://www.nzaf.org.nz/about-us/job-opportunities/
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Alex Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (021) 594 982
Interested? Email your covering letter, CV and the completed NZAF application form to email@example.com by midnight Sunday the 21st of July 2019.
The NZAF offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, high performing and driven team, is committed to biculturalism and is an equal opportunities employer. The NZAF serves all people regardless of sexual and gender identity, age, background or religious belief.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?