Associate Product Owner
Advertiser: VerizonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
What you'll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing, and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles, and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation, and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient, and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a startup environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
As an Associate Product Owner you'll use your analytical skills to support the delivery of our wide range of telematics products by defining user stories, building use-cases, and actively facilitating a customer happiness focus. You'll work in a talented, cross-functional development squad advocating on behalf of the customer to ensure a high end user experience. This is a great opportunity for someone with some experience in a business analyst role to further challenge themselves and develop their skills in a fast-paced, agile environment. Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Developing a deep understanding of how customers use your products.
- Being the functional subject matter expert for your squad.
- Working closely with Product Owners to break down high-level stories into detailed user stories.
- Helping to define and execute on requirements as the embedded product representative in the squad.
- Ensuring the Experience team's vision translates to requirements.
- Supporting backlog prioritisation discussions.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment and working closely with development teams, product managers and customers.
- Attending regular standup meetings.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of experience working as a business analyst.
- Experience defining requirements.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience in eliciting, interpreting, and documenting user stories.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- SaaS / web / mobile product experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand and evaluate data.
- Experience in fast-paced, innovative agile environments.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly results-oriented, with the drive and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience and knowledge of gap analysis & process mapping.
- Knowledge of agile software development processes.
What's on offer:
- Work with great people in New Zealand, and around the world.
- Variety and challenges.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive package plus benefits.
- Catered lunch daily, Friday drinks, espresso machines, fruit and snacks.
- Plenty of career opportunities with a successful, growing, global organisation.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.