Purchasing Officer - North Shore
Advertiser: Wheelers BooksMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Library Services & Information Management
Wheelers is a long established company with offices in New Zealand, Australia, UK & Malaysia. It is the leading provider of books & eBooks to schools and libraries in Australasia and provides a shelf ready service to our libraries in New Zealand.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with strong computer skills and initiative to be part of our Purchasing Team.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure timely fulfilment of titles requested by our library customers. This includes liaising with publishers & suppliers on availability, placing purchase orders, maintaining accurate stock statuses and liaising with customers as required.
A candidate with some experience in the publishing/book industry is our preference.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent all round computer skills, including advanced excel knowledge and the ability to work on multiple spreadsheets and dual screens simultaneously
- An understanding of the web/digital environment
- Analytical and investigative ability
- Detailed approach to work
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English as a first language
- Proactive approach, showing initiative, enthusiasm and a passion for making a difference
- Prepared to work in a team environment
If you thrive in a challenging but supportive team environment and want to join a Company that encourages a collaborative and co-operative work environment then we would like to hear from you.
This is a full time position based in Wairau on the North Shore.
Please forward to email@example.com your CV and a covering letter explaining the key skills you could bring to the role and what experience you have in the publishing/book industry. You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a purchasing officer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?