SUBSEA SAFETY SYSTEMS - SPECIALIST, SUPERVISOR & OPERATOR
Advertiser: Elemental Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Drilling
- Under general supervision, supervises, directs, and performs all phases of Subsea Safety Systems (SSS) product service line (PSL) equipment on work locations for the purpose of maintaining control of wellbore fluids and providing means for well intervention and interfacing during well testing operations, by the use of (but not limited to) Subsea Well Control equipment.
- Coordinates and oversees SSS PSL functions at the well site/field camp.
- Provides the planning necessary for the job including equipment set up well site direction, and customer-related support activities.
- Responsible for the activities relative to maintaining, setting up, testing, and operating equipment at the customer location/field camp.
- Monitors instruments and performs necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Conducts pre-job toolbox safety meetings, reviews and verifies job plan with customer representative and manages any changes required.
- Checks and verifies equipment as per job plan, has input to completion of all job documentation to include: Job Ticket, Job History Report, Job Log, Job Summary, etc.
- Completion of a minimum 5 years of Subsea Systems experience, inclusive of Halliburton Veto 3” Direct Hydraulic product line.
- Must have successfully passed Halliburton company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must be fully knowledgeable in all aspects of SSS service line.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic rig function including, but not limited to the following:
- Weight Indicator;
- Mud System;
- Limitations of mud pumps, pressure reading, strokes/min - bbls/min; and
- Basic rig manifold.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are required.
- Good mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Good reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Must be able to review design of service documentation to confirm best practices are followed and that proposed job plan will meet customer’s expectations in the most efficient manner.
- Must be able to communicate with other PSLs and third parties, to ensure tool compatibility.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have experience in the offshore oil & gas industry?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?