Applications Engineer - Valves
Advertiser: Custom ControlsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
About the Company:
Custom Controls is a leading supplier of products, services and solutions that measure, analyse, control, automate and improve process-related operations in New Zealand. We offer broad capabilities that assist our customers in controlling, connecting and managing their processes to enhance business performance.
Due to expansion and growth in our business, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced and driven Applications Engineer to join our Auckland office.
About the role:
The primary purpose of this office-based role is to deliver professional engineering solutions and advice to existing and potential clients. This will also include generating technical proposals and quotes for final control element and automation products, supporting and resolving client issues, and contributing towards individual and team targets in support of overall business objectives. You will work with an experienced team of technical experts and engineers in providing services to a customer group which includes a broad range of industries located through-out New Zealand.
Key deliverables of the role:
• To provide expert advice and engineering solutions to existing and potential customers.
• To support the sales team by providing technical information, solutions, and objections handling in order to help close business development opportunities.
• To follow up on enquiries from potential and existing customers.
• To process and manage orders through internal systems and to collaborate with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that orders are delivered to clients on time and to specification.
• To develop and maintain strong client relationships.
• To support and contribute towards internal process and procedural development.
What we are looking for:
• A qualified Engineer with 3-5 years experience in process valve selection and sizing would be ideal.
• Knowledge and experience in the Industrial and Process Control Market is preferable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A high degree of technical literacy, adaptable to learning new computer systems and software.
• A professional contributor who is motivated by resolving problems and providing professional advice in a fast-paced environment.
• A collaborative team orientated individual.
• A self-starter who is driven to achieve targets in a high-performance environment.
• Balanced ability to work efficiently and accurately, with impeccable standards on quality of work produced.
• Proven customer relationship skills.
• New Zealand residency or be eligible to work and live in New Zealand.
How to apply:
Should you be interested in the role and feel that you have the necessary skills and qualifications to be successful in the role, please forward your CV together with a cover letter to the following email address: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to confirm your employment eligibility to work and live in New Zealand in your cover letter.
For more information about Custom Controls, please refer to our website: www.customcontrols.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How would you rate your English language skills?