Advertiser: Surf Life Saving New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
- Fantastic opportunity for a talented new marketer who wants to make a difference
- A challenging and varied role covering all aspects of marketing & communications
- Join a wonderful team of talented & dedicated people who love what they do
Keen to work for SURF LIFE SAVING NZ & help shape and share our incredible brand story? Make a difference & bring real purpose to your work by joining our team!
Surf Life Saving NZ (SLSNZ) is a charity and relies on the generosity of the public, commercial partners, foundations and trusts for donations and financial contributions in order to lead and support our incredible front line volunteer lifeguarding services. As NZ’s leading coastal & beach safety, drowning prevention and rescue authority, we are truly unique, delivering proactive lifeguarding & essential emergency rescue services, a range of public education beach safety programmes, member education, training & development as well as a highly respected sport.
The purpose of this role is to help drive the implementation of SLSNZ’s marketing, sponsorship, fundraising, promotional and communications objectives by providing marketing support and assistance to the Commercial Manager and wider team.
This newly created role is challenging & varied and involves all elements of marketing, branding and communications.
Personal attributes we are seeking include the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team, can juggle a multitude of deadlines with a cool demeanour, attention to detail, initiative & reliability - and most importantly, genuine belief in our cause! A sense of humour will go a long way too.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include:
- A commerce degree in Marketing majoring in branding, market research and consumer behaviour
- Exceptional computer skills in all Microsoft Office packages including word, excel, power point, outlook
- A whizz at website content creation and management, website architecture, search engine optimisation, google analytics etc
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role or a high achieving Marketing graduate
- Social media savvy familiar with all key trends and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, WeChat etc.
- Ability to confidently use canva, mail chimp, survey monkey, campaign monitor, Dropbx, Photoshop, Indesign and other similar packages
- Exceptional writing & communication skills - you'll prove yourself a wordsmith across all types of genres, a great listener and a good talker
- Creative & design flair
- An eye for photography and the ability to take great photos
- Full driver’s licence
We have a fantastic team at Surf Life Saving NZ, an excellent group of partners and we take great pride in what we do, because we care & believe in our cause. Interested? Please take a look at the Position Description. If you are keen to join us, please send in a cover letter and your CV with at least three references before or by 11pm, 28 July 2019.
Please note that we are keen to fill this position as quickly as possible with the right person. We will start reviewing and interviewing appropriate candidates before the deadline so don't delay in sending in your application.
Applications Close: 28-July-2019
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/55756/desc/