DESIGN ASSISTANT, QUEENSTOWN, NZPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Established in 1986, BONZ (Best of New Zealand) designs and retails luxury handknits, machine knits, lambskin jackets and possum products. Production has been predominantly outsourced over the 30+ years, however, we are now interested in manufacturing certain ranges ourselves here in New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced designer to join the growing team and assist with developing a new cashmere range, modernising our current Alpaca & Merino machine knit range and work with our leather design team on the development of new slinkskin jacket styles. You will also be designing ranges specific to our new global e-commerce stores - launching later in the year.
The position will involve;
- Assisting with sourcing materials
- Design ranges in line with design brief and brand strategy
- Liaising with and managing relevant suppliers
- Managing ranges throughout production
You will be required to have;
- A minimum of a Diploma in Design - some work experience in design would be a definite advantage
- Strong sketching skills
- Excellent organisational and time management
- An understanding of the high end International (especially Chinese) clothing desires
The position will be based in beautiful Queenstown, New Zealand. The role is full time and with a rewarding salary dependent on skill and experience. We welcome Chinese national applicants , however you will need a very good command of the English language.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org