Project CoordinatorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Construction, Other
KODUM is an innovative and specialist provider of Audio Visual services to Government, Corporate & Commercial sectors and are looking for a qualified Project Coordinator to join our team on a fixed term 15 month contract with the possibility of extension.
Using your Industry background and knowledge, you will be responsible for providing project co-ordination and administrative support to the Project Manager and site team including, system and process development and implementation for document management and control, monitoring contracts, preparing progress reports, coordinating schedules, managing logistics and QS and generating invoice claims.
Key tasks include;
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction based project, under the direction of the Project Manager Manage contracts and implement programme changes
- Liaise between clients, preconstruction, quantity surveyors and construction teams to ensure the easy flow of relevant and needed information
- Health and Safety checks and reporting
- General administration
- Answer calls, respond to emails, customer inquiries and greet visitors
- Document control using Aconex and Excel to manage documents, models and drawings
- Attend program progress meetings with the Construction Management
- Help the project teams manage resources and information and assist with scheduling and planning meetings and project activities
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Sharing relevant documentation and reports with project teams
- Providing information and regular support to stakeholders
- Being point of contact for various working groups
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, outcomes
- Ensuring resources and equipment are always available
- Understanding formal escalation and review processes
- It's their job to make sure the project is well-organized and that it runs smoothly
- Coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information
- Managing and adhering to project timeframes and milestones
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Preparing project and budget reports in a timely manner
- Analyzing and reducing risk to projects
- Conducting quality assurance tests as and when needed
- Strong working knowledge of NZ3910
- Proven experience as a Project Co-ordinator.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to pick things up quickly and can complete tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to produce highly accurate documents quickly
- Attention to detail is critical when you're overseeing so many different aspects of the project, all of which are important to its well-being and success.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on tight timeframes, with flexibility to meet competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High standard of presentation and professionalism
- High level of computer literacy including knowledge of Aconex
- Can do, proactive attitude
- Strong engagement skills to maintain positive internal and external relationships whilst delivering high quality work and a great customer service.
- Calm under pressure
- Great time management and organizational skills
- The project manager is going to depend on the project coordinator to handle the minutia of the project's management, and therefore, it's crucial that the project coordinator is dependable and can be relied on to uphold their responsibilities without having to be micromanaged.
- The project demands productivity from its participants, and this is especially true for the project coordinator.
The ability to get things done is probably the biggest requirement on a project coordinator job description.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project coordinator?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?