Central Reservation Agent
Advertiser: Wellington Management GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Reservations
The Central Reservation Agent has to handle and process all inbound reservations efficiently for hotels managed by WMG. The goal of this position is to maximise room occupancy and average room rate.
- Ensure all inbound sales enquiries are answered in a professional and courteous manner and established procedures are adhered to without failure.
- Ensure that proper selling techniques are utilised to sell all the properties.
- Ensure all enquiries are completed or responded to in a timely fashion.
- Answering all enquiries pertaining to individual hotels; including room types, rates, facilities, as well as surrounding areas.
- Promptly process any cancellation and modifications.
- Create and maintain reservations records and share leads information within the team.
- Handling and maintaining the loyalty program for each property.
- To prepare VIP arrival report to the Front Office Manager when required.
- Analyse data and prepare reports as required.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all payment and penalty is collected in a timely fashion.
- To handle all advance deposits received by crediting the amounts into the correct guest's folios and issuing receipts to the senders (if required).
- To check all incoming enquiries and redirect them (where appropriate) to whom it may concern within the organisation.
- To update guests' information in the Property Management System and prepare guest folio.
- To handle guest requests and follow the procedures to ensure all requests are responded and communicated accurately.
- To perform other sales and marketing tasks as assigned.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?