Head Veterinary Nurse
Advertiser: Carevets Business SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced full-time Veterinary Nurses with leadership skills to join our fantastic teams!
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on CPD – grow your career with us
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – join the CareVets family
About the Clinics
CareVets Kilbirnie and CareVets Porirua are well located clinics in Wellington that have both been part of the community for many years.
Both companion animal practices, they each have a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who are passionate about their furry clients, dedicated to providing them with the best possible care. CareVets Porirua also has a large retail space selling pet products.
For more information, please visit: http://carevets.co.nz/
About the Role
As an experienced Veterinary Nurse you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic nursing team behind any great clinic. Alongside this, you’ll be actively involved in leading our busy nursing team. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Hands-on surgical & diagnostic assistance
- Patient monitoring & treatment
- Front of house client relations
This role will be full-time with rostered hours.
- Genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- Work well both in a team and independently
- High level of integrity and are interested in continued development
- Good communicator and have leadership skills
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing along with relevant qualifications
What’s on Offer?
- Generous remuneration - commensurate with experience
- Strong focus on CPD with an ongoing CPD allowance
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – become a member of the CareVets family
- Fantastic locations - easy transport with plenty of amenities nearby
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so rosters are geared with this in mind
- Dynamic & supportive clinic team along with a responsive leadership team
- Access to a wide network of like-minded colleagues across the North Island (and the opportunities that come with such a network)
To express your interest in this role ‘apply now’ via SEEK with your CV and cover letter attached. Any applicants shortlisted will be contacted directly.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a nurse?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?