Advertiser: AstrolabMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
Astrolab is a technology incubator which utilises intellectual property (IP) for commercialisation by agreement with a range of sources including NZ Universities, Crown research institutes, organisations looking to spin-out technology, and individual innovators (typically science, medical/clinical or engineering based). Astrolab works with the IP stakeholders to create commercially viable, offshore-revenue focused, scalable business opportunities, building them from scratch and guiding them through to at least their next major round of funding.
Astrolab is looking for a full-time commercialisation analyst based in central Auckland. The analyst will be responsible for undertaking technology, IP, and market research/validation, as well as financial analysis of each business opportunity. This will require working closely with innovators, key industry stakeholders and field experts to assess opportunities and ultimately build a strategic development plan for each venture. The analyst will also support Astrolab’s ventures during their time within the commercialisation program.
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelors or higher degree in Science/Engineering with 1-2 years post-qualification experience in a commercial environment with
- management consulting (analysis, reporting, and validation/proving)
- marketing research
- desirable, also the following would be advantage: experience related to entrepreneurship and/or science/engineering/ICT/technology
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be part of a team assisting ventures and other Astrolab team members develop, collate, and provide market research and insights. Additionaly, you will be while also being involved in or otherwise exposed to development ofing business strategy hypotheses setting, and refining strategy by testing the arising objectives via a sound plan for execution. A key role of a commercial analyst is their ability to take-in and explain complex ideas to a range of people, commercial but also technical and other non-technical where possible.
- ‘Team player’ able to take-in and listen to perspectives and work with others of varying opinions
- Strong analytical ability with an inquisitive but on-task mind-set
- Strong Report report writing skills evidenced through clear analysis of the facts, summarising analysis, findings, and an evaluation of arising options
- Communicates one-on-one and to groups/meetings wellInterpersonal and communication both written and oral, including strong software-based presentation skills
- Motivated, self-starter able to prioritise time effectively, both personally and within a group
- Excellent time management
- Project management skills
- Ability to recognise when escalation is required and the confidence to do so
- Identification of opportunities to strengthen existing processes and proceduresAbility to cope with pressure and challenges
- Ability to take-in and explain complex ideas to a range of people both technical and non-technical.
The analyst’s work will be managed by members from the Astrolab executive team. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic start-up environment and meet a group of exciting commercial minds while developing the key skills required to build successful businesses during the start-up phase.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have as a data analyst?