Ready Steady Go Kids Manager - National
Advertiser: Counties Manukau Sports FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
Ready Steady Go Kids is Australia's leading multi-sport and exercise programme for kids 18 months – 6 years. The high quality physio designed programme teaches children the fundamentals of 10 sports in a fun non-competitive team based environment. Ready Steady Go Kids is a franchised operation and has been operating out of NZ for 9 months.
About the role
We are recruiting a person to lead our business "Ready Steady Go Kids" across NZ.
This is a challenging role which involves managing all aspects of RSGK programme delivery across multiple locations in NZ, supporting the franchisee's and relationships with the Master Australian Franchisor, business development to expand RSGK across cities and provinces in NZ through growing franchise opportunities, and managing all aspects of the business including marketing and advertising, HR, finance, health and safety, and funder/sponsor relationships.
Manage the profitable and sustainable operation of the RSGK's programme
- Prepare an annual business plan
- Develop further opportunities to expand the earning potential of the programme
- Marketing and selling of franchises throughout NZ
- Support franchisees to run a successful operation
Franchise Action Plan
- Initial Training
- Site Selection
- Set up quarterly business goals
- Setting KPI's
- Monthly site visits
Manage staffing and staff development
- Recruitment process including all HR requirements
- Staff Appraisals
- Coach training
- Ongoing professional development provided to franchisees and coaches
Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ministry of Education
- Early childhood education providers
- Sports clubs
- Parent Groups
Benefits and perks
Company vehicle, fuel card, and mobile phone is included. Standard NZ holiday provisions apply, but we do close the office for 3 to 4 weeks in Dec/Jan school holidays.
Skills and experience
- Management experience supported by Marketing/Business degree
- Solid business background
- Natural leader and communicator
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Knowledge of franchising
- Ability to set up new systems
- Proven marketing and promotional experience
- Proven staff and people management experience
- Experienced in presentation and training
- Demonstrated Financial and Budget management skills
- HR experience
- Strong planning, prioritising and organizing skills
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Skilled in the management of business social media
- An understanding of the early childhood sector
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What's your highest level of education?