Digital Product Designer
Advertiser: Volpara Health Technologies LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
Here at Volpara our mission is to reduce the mortality and cost of breast cancer by providing clinically validated software to support personalised, high-quality, breast cancer screening. We do this through advanced image analysis algorithms with associated Cloud-based analytics software and reports.
We have users in over 35 countries and are the recognised global leaders in this space. With the technology originating from the University of Oxford, 95% of our sales in the US, and most of our research and development based in Wellington, we are a truly “born global” company. We are listed on the ASX (VHT).
You will be involved in all stages of digital product design, from discovery to a live product and beyond.
- Gather customer requirements using a variety of UX research techniques
- Evaluate customer requirements in collaboration with the design team, product managers and engineers
- Produce end-to-end designs, from wireframes to high-fidelity layouts and prototypes
- User test designs early and often
- Collaborate with engineers as designs are implemented
- Present your in-progress work to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Help to form the Volpara Design System
Skills and experience
You have …
- Examples of divergent and convergent design phases
- Great communication skills
- Empathy for the users you design for
- A passion for design that makes a difference to the customer
- Excellent understanding of the digital landscape, design technologies and modern practices around user experience design
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Great time management skills
- Genuine curiosity that results in being proactive in your learning & development
- 3+ years of experience in a similar design role
- Experience in Sketch/Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Tertiary qualification in design, or equivalent experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- Do you have experience working with user experience and/or interaction designers as part of the software development process?
- What's your expected annual base salary?