SURFACE WELL TESTING SPECIALISTS, SUPERVISORS & OPERATORS
Advertiser: Elemental Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jul 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- $100,000 - $139,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Drilling
- Under general supervision, performs all phases of the rigging up and down of Surface Well Test (SWT) service line equipment on work locations for the purpose of maintaining control and processing of well bore fluids during well testing operations and providing the customer with essential reservoir information by the use of (but not limited to): Surface Well Test and Surface Pressure Control equipment packages.
- Coordinates and overseas Testing and Subsea (SWT) Product Service Line (PSL) functions at the well site/field camp.
- Responsible/Supervises all activities related to maintaining, rigging up, pressure/function testing and operating equipment at the customer location/site.
- Monitors instruments and performs necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills are required as well as a thorough understanding of all HSE&OE related systems and processes applicable to the service line.
- Conducts pre-job toolbox safety meetings, reviews and verifies job plan with customer representative and manages any changes required.
- Checks and verifies equipment as per job plan, has input to completion of all job documentation to include: Job Ticket, Job History Report, Job Log, Job Summary, etc. and demonstrates understanding of testing dynamics and basic reservoir theory – i.e. BHP, BHT, Phasing, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot most jobs with minimal direction.
- A knowledge of Halliburton software, processes and procedures would be a decided advantage
- Typically acquired through completion of a minimum 5 years Surface Well Testing experience.
- Must be able to interpret P&ID drawings, navigate data books and perform QA related tasks related to Surface Well Test equipment and operations.
- Must be able to pressure test SWT equipment safely.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work safely with hand tools.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic rig functions and components related to Well Testing Operations.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations as well as more detailed calculation understanding – i.e. choke coefficients, oil and gas calculations, meter factors, hanging burners, etc. is required.
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?