Business Coach, Board Facilitator, Business Owner
Advertiser: The Alternative BoardMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jul 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
We are looking for experienced business people. People who would like to use their accumulated wisdom to help and empower local business owners using our proven core elements of business owner advisory boards, 1 on 1 coaching and our template for building successful businesses, Business Builders Blueprint©.
With today's corporate environment, chances are you've already thought about being your own boss and owning your own business. If you are like most current employees (and those in transition), you've thought about this multiple times. Well, as a franchise business owner with The Alternative Board, you will have the opportunity to be "in business for yourself, but not by yourself." Since 1990, we have helped over 20,000 business owners around the world achieve their personal and professional goals through monthly business advisory boards and coaching.
Why Join The Alternative Board?
Our Members love us and tend to stick around! This means predictable income for you, and a chance to make a real difference to a company and its leadership team.
- It's local – so no more travel (unless you take a holiday!). You get an exclusive territory made up of around 9,000 employing businesses.
- Hours of operation are strictly business hours. Apart from a few breakfast or evening networking meetings – the majority of your working day will be 9 to 5. This means you will be working smarter, not harder, and be home for all your important family and social events.
- Proven system that has been in operation for over 25 years and has been named the Number 1 Business Coaching and Consulting Franchise. This means that we know what we are doing and exactly what you should be looking for in a franchise partner.
- We take care of all the accounting for you. We do all the invoicing, collect dues from your members and pay you regularly each month.
- You get to wake up every day and make a difference using your business experience and skills.
- You get to work from home, from your own office. Being a business services business means that there is very little overhead to run your business.
- World-class training from people who have successfully launched franchisees all around the world.
- You will join a national and global community of supportive colleagues and see that you are part of a story so much bigger than yourself.
What does a typical month look like for our Facilitators?
Facilitating: Following our proven systems, each month you will host multiple 4-hour board meetings made up of business owners in your local community. You will be instrumental in making sure each Board Member gets maximum value from each board meeting by helping draw out new ideas and strategies that will help improve their business and their life.
Coaching: Each of your board members will meet with you each month where you will be their accountability partner to make sure what they promised to themselves (and their board) is actually implemented in their business.
Sales: You will meet with all the "movers and shakers" in the business community and explain what The Alternative Board does and how it can help business owners. You will meet with potential strategic alliance partners, event hosts and prospective board members face to face to determine whether there is a good fit or potential partnership. You will use multiple approaches in your sales methods including direct calling, email or simply calling in and introducing yourself.
Business networking and events: You will attend business networking events and even host a few of your own. You enjoy being out in your local community and knowing a many of the business leaders. You will be asked to deliver topic talks on business growth by local networking events where you will firstly provide value, and explain why The Alternative Board offers a great benefit to the small to medium sized business community.
Marketing: You will be using a wide array of marketing tactics to grow your business including direct marketing, social media, event marketing to name a few. You will use all these tactics (following our proven systems) so that you will cement in the minds of the business community that you are both a great resource for entrepreneurs wanting to grow their businesses.
Consulting: Because you will be a trusted business advisor, you will get from time to time business consulting assignments from your members. The scope of this opportunity can be as niche or broad as you would like to make it.
Are you ready?
This is a franchise opportunity, so we are really looking for a business partner, someone who will represent our brand in the right way. You will be the type of person who exhibits these skills and attributes:
- Great communicator. You will be someone who people naturally like to converse with and open themselves up to. You understand that being a great communicator is not just about what you say, but how well you listen.
- Business leadership. You are an expert in business, someone who has the ability to help a business grow through its people, its systems and its innovation. You will have an area of expertise (marketing, sales, finance, operations) but will also be passionate about learning all areas of business and people development.
- Can-do attitude. When you join The Alternative Board, you are not buying yourself a job. You are buying (in part) the formula to help all willing business owners succeed. We are looking for people who are committed to spread our message in your local community. This means getting out into your business community and meeting a lot of people and sharing our great story.
- Positive-minded. The Alternative Board is an organisation of business leaders who are all striving to help their local business communities. We are looking for people who have a glass half full mentality who will represent what we do and our culture well.
- Hardworking and hungry. You know that this is your business and will be willing to work hard in order to build it to the level you need it to be. You consider yourself competitive, wanting to blaze new trails and break company records.
- Experienced. You may have run your own business, been a senior level executive in a larger corporate or are already practising as a business consultant or coach.
If you feel that you fit the profile of an exceptional leader and would like to explore the concept of becoming a catalyst for change for forward thinking business leaders, we should have a discussion. Please click the 'APPLY' button and send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you'd be fit for the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?