Advertiser: Core HR LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Our client, Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Competitions Manager to assist our Competitions Director in contributing to the development of football and sporting communities across the Oceania region.
As Competitions Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organising and delivering international football competitions and contributing to the development of training programmes and content.
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Project managing assigned competitions from planning through to completion
- Contributing to the development of training programmes and content
- Assisting the Competitions Director with the development of strategy and operational plans, budgets and financial reporting, managing international match and competitions calendars
- Assisting the Competitions Director in the development, application and monitoring of regulations and policies
- Any other duties as required within the scope of the role
Benefits and perks
- Health & Life Insurance benefits
- Overseas travel
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have a willingness to work irregular hours, be able to travel internationally regularly and;
- have a background in organising events (within the sports sector is preferable),
- be a highly motivated and reliable team player,
- be project minded with strong organisational skills, excellent time management and attention to detail,
- demonstrate the ability to build and maintain successful relationships and work with diverse cultures.
Please apply with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?