Advertiser: Carevets Business SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jul 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Vet Nurse Position at Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital
Looking for an exciting and challenging new role in emergency and after hours nursing?!
At Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital we work nights, weekends and public holidays and strive to offer the best medicine and care possible for our patients and clients regardless of the time of the day.
We are a fun, passionate, welcoming and supportive bunch of vets and nurses and work very well as a team. We are looking for a friendly and dedicated vet nurse with a minimum of two years’ experience to join us.
This is a permanent part time position with a minimum of 20 hours per week and you will be part of a rotating roster. You will also be first request to cover annual leave and illness as it arises. The role has potential to become full time down the track as we have maternity leave coming up and are always assessing the staff levels required on shift. The roster is designed to give you the best work/life balance possible, whilst working only nights and weekends.
Your responsibilities will include:
- client relations
- patient evaluation and triage
- care and monitoring of hospitalised patients and critical transfers
- taking bloods and placing IV catheters
- anaesthetic monitoring of high risk patients
- digital radiography, CT scans and lab testing
- fluid therapy and blood transfusion monitoring
We have an in-house full IDEXX laboratory and blood gas capabilities, smartflow inpatient hospital system, digital radiography, ultrasound, CT, oscillometric blood pressure, doppler, capnography, ECG, endoscopy, fluid therapy and more.
You will be able to work well in a fast paced environment and must be:
- a qualified veterinary nurse with at least 2 years’ experience
- self-motivated and good at multi-tasking
- able to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- a good team player and willing to work extra hours if needed
- enthusiastic and compassionate
- skilled at using computers and being familiar with Vetlink software would be an advantage
Experience in emergency nursing would be beneficial but not essential. Full training on our emergency protocols will be provided.
We provide a competitive remuneration commensurate with experience and advancement in the practice, continuing education, membership with the NZVNA, new skills and learning opportunities on every shift, and you get to use your skills each day you work!
Please submit your CV or any queries to Erika Smith at email@example.com
Applications for this position close Monday 8th July although we are always on the lookout for locum nurses.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a nurse?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?