Advertiser: ServillesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
We need your natural talent with people and excellent organisational skills to fill the position of Student Manager at Servilles Academy.
This is a key role working with students as they progress through every stage of their learning journey, and coordinating with staff to ensure successful outcomes for students.
The role is permanent full-time based at our vibrant Academy premises in the heart of the Arts District at 8 Canada Street, Auckland CBD. Under the Servilles name, which has been at the forefront of Hairdressing for half a century, our Academy is world renowned. Our facility has grown to include Barber and Makeup students and each day we provide education and support for approximately 100 students.
The person we are looking for to fill this role will have a heart of gold, be able to think on their feet and generate people-centred solutions that move students forward in their learning.
The Key Responsibilities include:
- Run the enrolment process for the Academy including handling all types of programme enquires, booking and conducting informative interviews and processing enrolments in our Student Management System
- Create relationships with internal and external networks to support enrolment at the Academy
- Ensure all parties interested in programmes at the Academy are given helpful and accurate information that assists them to choose programmes that suit their career paths
- Mentor students through Student Loan and Allowance processes to ensure smooth onboarding at the Academy
- In collaboration with Tutors provide supportive induction to students to ensure they integrate as quickly as possible and are prepared for their learning journey with accurate information
- Provide Student Support services to students and administer the Student Welfare System
- Work with external Government Agencies to ensure the Academy is following compliant procedures including Studylink, New Zealand Qualifications Authority and Tertiary Education Commission
- Run the Student Management System including accurate reporting of data and monitoring of targets agreed with Government Agencies
- Work with the wider staff group at Servilles Academy to smooth operations
- Use your exceptional Administration skills to improve systems
This position would ideally suit someone with previous experience in a similar Student Management role in a Tertiary Education Organisation.
Key Attributes we seek include:
- Ability to connect with people of all types and a natural affinity with young people
- A tough but tender approach that encourages students on their learning journey
- Excellent communication skills including being able to inspire people with the dream of careers in Hairdressing, Barbering and Makeup
- Excellent listening ability including being able to draw information from others
- Enjoy and find it a challenge to pursue recruitment targets
- Ability to proactively manage multiple deadlines
- Eye for detail and able to produce accurate documentation
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Team player
- Self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude able to anticipate needs in the Academy and work to fill the gaps
- Get the job done with a smile
This is a high trust role so we need someone with a dedicated work ethic and ability to work both independently and in a team. We are looking for someone with outstanding self-management skills who can keep cool under pressure. Servilles Academy promotes excellence in the fashion industry. We need someone who presents themselves to a high and immaculate standard.
If you have questions about the role please call our Academy Manager, Ruth Pettengell on 027 700 4784.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com