Senior Cricket Co-ordinator
Advertiser: Auckland Cricket AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
Background & Job Description
The Senior Cricket Co-ordinator is a part-time fixed term contracted position of 30 hours per week commencing on September 9, 2019 and ending on April 10, 2020 (approximately 8 months). The position includes working on Saturdays, during the cricket season, from 10.30am till 1.30pm.
Responsible for Senior Cricket including; Grade Cricket, One Day, Saturday, Sunday T20 and Backyard 9.90 Grades. Will act as the first point of contact for all draws, results, and ground allocations/changes.
The position has the responsibility of managing the relevant online competition management systems and ensuring that teams play in well organised competitions with a high level of associated customer service.
Due to the timing of club cricket, Saturday work will be a component of the role during the cricket season.
About the role
Reports to: Club Cricket Manager
Type: 8 month contract for services
End Date: April 10, 2020
The following Key Position Responsibilities shall act as a guide only.
- Act as the customer support person for relevant senior club enquiries.
- Effectively administer club senior cricket with regard to coordination of scheduling; draws; ground allocations and competition entry.
- Ensure the efficient management of all senior competitions by following up on outstanding results, recording defaults and keeping accurate records of team entries.
- Managing the cancellation process for senior cricket.
- Liaising with Council and contractors in relation to all senior related ground matters.
- Work collectively with the Community Team to update the Ground Use Sheet and send to relevant Council and contractor contacts on a weekly basis.
- Assist in promoting the use of CricHQ at senior level.
- Assist with updating the senior club playing conditions. Keep records of suggested amendments to playing conditions on these allocated grades.
- Assist the Umpires Co-ordinator by imputing weekly appointments and following up all outstanding captains' reports.
- Assist the Club Cricket Manager by being the first port of call for Code of Conduct matters involving teams from 3rd Grade and below.
- Assist in project work as directed.
- Assist with the organisation of club Partnership Agreement meetings and AGMs.
- Any other ad hoc cricket projects that may be required from time to time and as determined by the Club Cricket Manager.
ACA staff, clubs, council, contractors and umpires.
Benefits and perks
A remuneration package will be paid in fortnightly installments during the period of the contract.
Applications close at 5pm on the 22nd of July 2019.
Skills and experience
Key attributes, skills & knowledge
- Computer literate with importance placed on web based operating systems and Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding organisation & time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet deadlines
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the job
- A real passion for the game of cricket at all levels
People and Communication skills
- An outgoing confident personality with an ability to relate well to people at all levels
- Ability to communicate with people from grass roots to Board level
- Ability to build a rapport with club officials
- Can effectively build and maintain networks and relationships with key stakeholders, service providers, and associated organisations
- An understanding of how to manage and maximise relationships to provide quality outcomes
- Develop good teamwork skills by building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Readily shares information and supports the work of others
- Works collaboratively and co-operatively with others
Qualifications and Experience
- Use of online competition management software
- Experience working at a regional sports organization level