Advertiser: Auckland Cricket AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
About the business
Auckland Cricket recruits part-time Schools Activator's every season. These part-time, seasonal roles are key positions for Auckland Cricket to stimulate the growth and physical development of children in primary and intermediate schools through cricket based fun activities. The roles are suited to people passionate about sport, with coaching experience, enthusiasm and energy working with young children. The expectation for this role is that the Activator's are ambassadors for Auckland Cricket, as such, deliver sessions that are fun, fast and engaging for all involved. The goal of this role is to develop a desire to continue engaging in cricket further, both children and teachers.
About the role
Reports to: Schools Participation Co-Ordinator / Coach Development Manager
Type: Part-time contract for services
Start/End Date: 14 October 2019 - 10 April 2020
It is expected that the Activators will work up to 30 hours a week during Term 4 and Term 1, with additional hours during the Summer school holidays assisting with Tournaments.
The key outcomes expected from this role include:
- Deliver structured, fun and engaging class-by-class cricket awareness sessions during school terms 4 and 1 in primary and intermediate schools.
- Engage with teachers so that they are involved with sessions and build their enthusiasm for continuing with cricket beyond the sessions. The Coach Development Manager will assist with developing strategies for engagement and also will provide mentoring during the contract period.
- Work with clubs assigned by Auckland Cricket, if any, to assist in meeting their targeted outcomes. Club outcomes may include:
- Growth in girl's cricket
- General development in targeted areas of high population growth
- Delivering programmes targeted at certain ethnicities
- Promote and recruit schools into Cricket Blitz.
- Promote local clubs when coaching at schools located within their catchment (i.e. provide flyers if club provided).
- Assist with running ACA Tournaments.
- Abide by all ACA staff protocols and procedures.
- Undertake other additional duties as may be required from time to time.
Benefits and perks
A remuneration package will be paid in fortnightly installments during the period of the contract.
Applications close at 5pm on the 26th of July 2019.
Skills and experience
- Fun and engaging
- Sporting background, but not necessarily cricket
- Ability to sell and motivate
- Ability to recruit support