Information and Digital Technology Manager
Advertiser: Network Waitaki LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Jul 2019
- Otago, Rest of Otago
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
Network Waitaki is an electricity distribution company that distributes electricity from the national grid to consumers’ properties. Our core business is the provision, operation, and management of electricity infrastructure and related services which powers our local economy.
We service approximately 13,000 consumer connections across a network of 1,800 km of power lines supplying North Otago and parts of the South Canterbury region. We are based in Oamaru with a team of approximately 65 people across management, professional and field staff.
We are part of an industry experiencing rapid changes in technology and customer expectations, and we need great people to join our team to deliver on our strategy and be part of this exciting future.
Leading the IT team, this role reports to the Chief Executive and is responsible for developing and implementing the information and digital technology strategies for Network Waitaki to ensure we have future focussed, fit for purpose and resilient business systems and digital technologies across our business. These systems need to support our objective of providing safe, reliable and cost-effective services to our customers.
The successful applicant must have;
- A relevant qualification
- Previous IT management experience in a related industry (utilities, infrastructure, contracting or local government) preferred but not essential
- Experience selecting and managing vendors and service providers
- Strong contracting, project and financial management experience
- Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
We are looking for someone who has;
- energy and passion with a focus on results
- outstanding leadership skills and ability to build a positive productive team culture
- a robust commercial, numerical and analytical skillset
- excellent verbal and written communication, including report writing
- an ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- a strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
- tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
- is able to show initiative and demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
Network Waitaki is committed to supporting their people and to provide an environment where you can succeed and grow. North Otago is a fantastic place to live, strong communities and affordable living providing an enviable lifestyle - and if you need to relocate then we will assist you in doing so.
The Application Process:
For confidential enquires and/or a position description please email Kate Logan at KateL@networkwaitaki.co.nz. Applications close 18 July 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role where you had team and or line management responsibility?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?