Dog Handlers and Drivers - 1 x Ponsonby and 2 x Dairy Flat
Advertiser: Pets and PatsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Road Transport
About the business
Pets and Pats - Doggy Day Care & Farmstay
Pets and Pats is a luxury farm based 20 mins from the CBD in Dairy Flat where dogs come for daycare or to stay overnight.
We started 10 years ago so have loyal and discerning clients throughout Auckland. For convenience we have customised schoolbuses/vans that pick up and drop the dogs from their homes to the farm.
We have acres of play paddocks and bush, a dedicated doggie swimming pool and a tennis court for our ball obsessed kids. The dogs enjoy their own safe, private, gated country estate where they have plenty of room to run, play and receive plenty of cuddles. With only a small number of clients and a 24/7 dedicated team of petcare professionals with years of experience and qualifications, parents can relax knowing their baby is safe and happy with us.
Our boutique service means we have clients as young as 12 weeks and as old as 18, and we cater for the pawty animals, the lounge lizards, the athletes and the more shy and retiring types. The farm is like a resort where the doggies can enjoy doing as much or as little as they like.
About the role
We are currently recruiting three roles. About the roles.
1. Ponsonby Dog Handler and School Bus Driver
Start and finish in Ponsonby, Mon - Fri 7:45am - 4:00pm
This position involves picking up our central Auckland dogs and bringing them to our farm for the day and then dropping them home tired and happy in our customised Dog School Bus. You are responsible for transporting the dogs safely and for exercising, loving and looking after them while they are with us. As you will also be seeing clients when you pick up and drop off their furchildren you will have good customer service skills.
2. Dairy Flat Dog Handler and School bus driver
Start and finish at our Dairy Flat Farm, Mon/Wed/Fri 7:30am - 5:00pm eventually going to 5 days a week. Role is the same as above but picks up our north shore clients
3. Dairy Flat Weekend Lodging Supervisor
Start and finish in Dairy Flat 7:30am to 6pm Sat and Sun
This position involves looking after our lodgers and the farm. You will be loving, feeding, exercising, washing dogs and also maintenance jobs around the farm.
Benefits and perks
- Country estate that has been designed around the safety and fun for our doggies and team members.
- Enjoy working with a team of pet care professionals with years of experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities to expand and grow within the team is encouraged and supported.
- Customized vehicles provided making transportation of the doggies safe for them and our drivers.
- Work with dogs everyday
- A fun supportive team
Skills and experience
**MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - NON NEGOTIABLE**
You will be an experienced dog handler, with the qualifications and experience to back it up. It's not enough to say you have your own dog or "love" them.
You are kind and caring, with a strong attention to detail and safety. Dogs and people love you. You can work well within our small, close-knit team or independently. You are, dependable, responsible, reliable, trustworthy and honest. You are also physically fit. You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude and don't mind rolling your sleeves up. You are happy to work outdoors in all sorts of weather. You will have a full clean driver's license, be able to drive vans and have a clean police record. Finally please note, when you work with animals, there is a lot of cleaning involved, so you must be comfortable with this.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?