Advertiser: Evolution LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
About the business
Evolution Lawyers is an Auckland based law firm specialising in insolvency, commercial, company, and property law. We provide both litigation and transactional services to New Zealanders and small to medium sized New Zealand businesses.
Mobile, virtual, paperless, 100% Cloud based, and led by the founders of pioneering legal software company, CataLex. Evolution Lawyers is a modern commercial law firm with a keen eye on the future.
About the role
The purpose of your role as legal secretary is to help the directors, solicitors, and other staff of Evolution Lawyers provide legal services to the firm's clients in the most efficient, cost-effective, high-quality, and professional manner possible.
The specific tasks your job may entail include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the manager with her duties, including billing and marketing.
- Preparing, editing, and sending emails, faxes, letters, and other correspondence.
- Preparing and editing documents required for internal firm business and client matters.
- Creating and administering matters in our practice management software.
- Scanning and filing documents to the firm's document management system.
- Managing the team calendar.
- Checking the firm's PO Box, opening mail, and, where appropriate, scanning and uploading the mail to the firm's document management system and notifying the responsible author.
- Managing the firm's 0800 number and main email within business hours, including answering calls, taking messages, and responding to basic questions e.g. regarding our fees.
- Filing and serving court documents.
- Assisting our Senior Solicitor in managing the firm's conveyancing practice.
- Assisting with the development and improvement of the firm's precedents, processes, software, and business generally.
Benefits and perks
- Great central office location in Mount Eden. Close to cafes, shops, and public transport.
- Modern, unique and 100% cloud based law firm. No paper files.
- Working with a small, young, and vibrant team.
- Start/finish hours flexible.
Skills and experience
- 1+ years experience as a legal secretary ideally.
- Office administration background.
- Tech savvy.
- Confident with a can-do attitude.
- Be able to work independently.
- Problem solver.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- A willingness to learn, great attention to detail.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have administration experience in the legal services industry?
- Have you completed a legal support qualification?