Advertiser: CycloneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Fantastic opportunity in one of New Zealand's top providers to the education and government sectors. This is an opportunity to personally develop in a growing fun environment with great clients.
We don't lock our engineers away in cupboards at Cyclone, instead, we expect you to comfortable interacting with our customers and your co-workers. We will provide you with all the tools you need to do your job, as well as a broad range of opportunities for training and development of your skills. Oh….and we'll pay you for it too.
We have an onsite and service desk position available. The incumbent will be able to assist customers with:
On-site support for ICT issues:
- Workstation and notebook issues
- Printing support and problem resolution
- Network connectivity problems
Mid-level infrastructure support:
- Wireless access point failure
- User account creation and modification
- Server maintenance
- Switching networks namely Allied Telesis and HP
Critical Job Requirements
- Experience in switching and routing
- Experience with wireless networks and cloud services
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems
- Uncompromising desire to assist customers
- Good communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can work without supervision
Highly Desirable Job Requirements: Experience in some of the following areas is preferred, although we understand you may not have them all:
- ICT and or computer support desired qualifications: A+ N+ CCNA MCSA 0365 Jamf200 ITIL v3
- Strong Apple and Windows desktop support experience
- Good Microsoft O365 and Google Apps knowledge
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Experience with Apple and Apple/Microsoft integration
- MDM Experience: Jamf and or Lightspeed
- Connectwise, Labtech, ScreenConnect, IT Glue highly desirable
What we look for. Ideally, we're looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- A positive and confident attitude and outlook in both life and work
- A high level of self-motivation displaying enthusiasm, initiative and energy
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A pleasant and friendly manner, professional appearance and the ability to solve technical problems and an uncompromising desire to assist customers and staff
- A proven self-starter who can work without supervision displaying effective job/self-management skills
- Demonstrate your collaborative abilities with both your own team and broader teams in order to optimise value for both the customer and Cyclone
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
Cyclone provides IT hardware, software & support working alongside Tier 1 vendors as a value-added reseller for desktops, portables, tablets, wireless networking, Service Desk, infrastructure & back end systems, MDM, finance integration, professional consultancy, training and professional learning. We are an NZ MBIE and Ministry of Education accredited PLD provider with specialty staff in Apple, Microsoft and Google with top level vendor certifications. Apple, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Adobe, Microsoft & Google all feature in solutions offered. We are proud of our customer focus & willingness to use our agility & responsiveness that our organisational size affords us, to deliver superior experiences to our customers. When customers choose Cyclone as their IT partner, we are focused to deliver the right solution for their needs, backed up with superior support with a view to establishing a long-term mutually beneficial partnership.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems engineer?