Advertiser: The Labour ExchangeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
About the business
The Labour Exchange has been operating for 20+ years, providing short and long term labour supply solutions to Construction sites covering the greater Auckland area.
We have always specialised in the construction and civil industries and as a result we fully understand the safety and work experience requirements of our clients.
With our focus on safety and service this has meant we have become the preferred supplier to a large number of major construction and civil companies throughout Auckland.
We pride ourselves on these strong relationships and ensure they are maintained by constantly visiting our clients' sites and getting to know the site managers personally.
This helps us to understand specific site requirements and means we send workers who are the best fit for that particular job.
About the role
The HR Administrator role is ideally suited to, but not limited to, a recent graduate. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your HR career with an industry leader and learn from the best in the business.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the HR Administrator plays a significant part in shaping our culture and supporting our most vital asset – our people.
The role is responsible for the prompt and accurate administration of the People & Culture function, and represents an excellent first step in all aspects of human resources including, employee relations, training and development, remuneration and health & safety.
A typical day may involve any of the following, and much more; booking training courses for our skilled work force, reviewing and issuing contracts, through to supporting senior managers with employment relations and disciplinary matters.
Whilst you will be reporting to the Commercial manager, the role best suits someone who is self-sufficient and able to work autonomously.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will need to have
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Highly developed communication & organisational skills
- Up to date knowledge of NZ Employment legislation
- Strong competency on Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work flexible hours with rare early morning starts
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?