Mechanical Engineering Connector Specialist
Advertiser: Enphase EnergyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
Enphase Energy is seeking a Senior Engineer specializing in the design of electrical connectors to develop state of the art solar power related products.
Working in our global mechanical engineering team, you will perform analysis, detail design and supply chain interaction on a wide range of solar energy related products, with a focus on optimising designs for performance and cost.
You will have a thorough understanding of the mechanical aspects of electrical contacts and terminals, and have a history of practical experience in product development. Good communication skills will enable you to explain to a range of audiences about the key success factors of electrical contacts, and how mechanical design contributes to those.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define our connector technology roadmap and enhance our IP portfolio
- Develop in-house best practices for connector and terminal design
- Perform analysis and trade-off studies for concepts and technologies
- Perform technical verification of concepts and designs using a combination of first principles and lab testing
- Identify and present practical design changes to achieve electrical, thermal, safety and cost targets
- Support team members with their upskilling in understanding of critical success factors for high quality reliable connectors and terminals
- Ensure quality by design
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher qualification) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years work experience in development of electrical contacts and terminals
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of terminal and connector design, specifically with high power applications
- Experience with failure analysis, technical analysis, and cost analysis of solutions
- Hands-on experience with testing and certification
- An established history of detail design work and interactions with suppliers/manufacturers
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and their practical limitations
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?