Senior Civil Engineer
Advertiser: Smart Alliances LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
About the business
Based in Blenheim, we are a locally owned and operated company that delivers innovative yet practical engineering, resource management and architectural solutions to our clients. Our inter-disciplinary approach sets us apart from our competitors and ensures that we receive a variety of work.
We service the Top of the South, filling a niche market for homeowners through to commercial developers. The business has organically grown to a team of 23 employees over the past 11 years.
About the role
Acting as the Civil Design Engineer and the 2IC to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for; actively contributing to the management and future direction of the company from both an operational and strategic perspective, team leadership, financial management, client liaison, engineering design and planning, preparing technical reports, and carrying out civil engineering investigations and managing key projects, to name a few.
Benefits and perks
As a member of our Engineering team you will be well supported with experienced colleagues, receive continuing Professional Development and other additional benefits such as health and income protection insurance and a gym membership.
Remuneration for these positions will be based on experience and competency.
We are a diverse employer and provide a flexible working environment.
Skills and experience
The person we are looking for will ideally possess the following:
- Degree in Engineering (BSc Eng, BE or equivalent).
- 10 years post graduate experience and charted professional engineering and design experience (or equivalent).
- 5 years' experience in a people management/leadership role.
- A good understanding of business and financials.
- Extensive project management and workflow management experience within an engineering consultancy environment.
- 3D and CAD skills would be advantageous but not essential.
To be successful, you will also have strategic thinking ability, relationship management skills, good communication skills and a focus on project delivery.
If you are seeking a new and exciting opportunity for 2019 and beyond and this opportunity is appealing to you, please apply now.
Applications close by Friday 28 June 2019.
Please note the following:
- In your cover letter please outline your motivations for moving to Marlborough.
- It would be desirable that you are a NZ resident, but we are willing to assist the right person with their work permit application if required.
- Must have a full NZ driver's license (or equivalent).
If you require any further information about this role, please contact the Practice Manager (in confidence) at email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a civil engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?