Warehouse Store person/Machine OperatorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Machine Operators
We are looking for experienced machine operators, people who consider themselves mechanically inclined, who work everyday, want to be involved in a company who provides you with unlimited opportunity to grow and earn more as you progress. Our warehouse environment includes, forklift use, loading and unloading, pick and pack, manufacturing and handling of hazardous materials. This role is full time, Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30 pm with occasional overtime.
- To pick and pack orders
- Batch manufacturing
- Inwards goods receipting
- Bottle machine operation – to monitor the operation and filling of bottles
- Packaging and labelling finished product
- General warehouse duties including operating a forklift, stocktakes and general house-keeping duties
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To follow system, procedures and instruction carefully
- To have a willingness to learn and improve
- To have previous experience in inwards goods
- To be driven and motivated to achieve
- To have excellent customer service skills dealing with other stores, carriers and suppliers
- To be physically fit; mobile and agile. Heavy lifting (up to 25kgs) and moving at speed are common place in this role
- To be able to work without supervision
- To be able to cope well under pressure
- Attention to detail, with strong communication skills
- A good eye hand coordination
- An advantage if you are mechanically minded
- Two year min work history
You will be a team player with good communication and good maths skills. We are looking for an enthusiastic, "can do attitude" person, willing to learn, who will participate in and support the team to carry out the day to day business in our Warehouse and Manufacturing Plants.
You will be involved in general warehouse duties, anything from pick and pack through to batch manufacturing. Training is provided.
If you believe you are the right person for this position and want to join a close knit, high energy team, send your CV and a cover letter our way explaining why you think you will be a successful candidate.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machine operator?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have picker packer experience?