Advertiser: CES (2005) LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Other
We are a small New Zealand owned IANZ accredited laboratory and consultancy specialist originally established in the 1990’s. Our services include carrying out asbestos assessor services for a range of clients. We are looking for a new member to join our friendly and supportive team. If you have the desire to learn a new trade working within well known and respected service leader who continually provides quality and excellence through the employment of diligent and honest people, you should apply. We provide an excellent level of internal and external training for successful and committed individuals. This job would suit a hardworking and practically minded person with a strong moral and work ethic and an interest in health protection.
About the role
- Technical assistant; assisting Senior Consultants with their day to day activities.
- Air monitoring placement and pick up from residential and commercial clients.
- Undertaking air sampling and analysis training.
- Client communication and the ability to work well in the team.
- A mix of standard and unsociable hours, including weekends
Skills and experience required
- Full NZ drivers license
- Trade services background and practical approach to problem solving
- Computer software (Microsoft office suite) and portable device application abilities
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, and as a team member.
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory & field environment.
- Ability to learn the operation of laboratory equipment and instrumentation including microscopes.
- Be physically fit, the role is physically demanding
- A “can-do” attitude, integrity, reliability and honesty are all important to us
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in asbestos industry would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge and interest in Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Be able to travel, work unsociable hours and be flexible with co-worker and client needs
- A strong willingness to learn new skills, undertake training and advance themselves
- The right to live and work in NZ
- Criminal and employment health checks are necessary.
On the job training from highly skilled and quality driven individuals, professional development, variety of work, opportunities for cross training and progression into other roles.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and cover letter through Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?