Advertiser: SOMO Creative LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Our busy creative studio and boutique publishing agency is in need of a fierce Sub-editor/Writer extraordinaire who can clock a typo at 40 paces, write killer copy and who isn't afraid of a little marketing on the side.
- Are you a meticulous Sub-editor/Writer with a diverse skill set who can write across a variety of mediums and viewpoints, create order and help maintain calm in our busy creative studio?
- Are you a dedicated fashionista and foodie with the 411 on what's hot in all things lifestyle in Christchurch?
- Want to be part of a tight, creative team in a funky Christchurch studio?
- Are you looking to ramp up your skill set, rock the local (and national) publishing world, and wrangle advertising copy and clients in a bodacious creative/publishing agency?
If so – we want you!
We've got some big shoes to fill! We're seeking a fabulous full-time super-committed friendly new face to join the SOMO fam who is hungry to succeed and eager to bust out of the box with a solutions-focused approach. We need a talented Writer/Sub-editor who can: write effective editorial content and advertisement copy; come up with great story ideas with the team; maintain the tone and integrity of our publications; sub and proof adverts, publications and websites to perfection; and liaise with a diverse range of clients and contacts. Backed by a wealth of experience, you'll be down with Microsoft Word, Excel and, ideally, InDesign.
A graceful multi-tasker, you'll be just as comfortable subbing your way through one of our iconic publications and penning page-turning copy as you are liaising with contributors, clients, sales reps and designers, and maintaining office systems – all-the-while smiling under pressure. You'll be passionate about magazines and need a high level of energy and personal motivation, work with a sense of urgency and be an old school stickler for detail. Unstoppable in your quest to get things right and making our clients very happy indeed, you'll have an understanding of the sales process and, ideally, experience or aptitude in this area. Agency/marketing experience would be a huge advantage.
SOMO Creative is a buzzing studio specialising in web and graphic design, advertising, branding, publishing, PR and communications housed in the collective awesomeness of Addington's B-18 Studios. The proud publishers of Christchurch lifestyle bible Cityscape we have a 'work hard play hard' ethos, plans for world domination, are constantly seeking new opportunities and taking on new challenges and don't let words like 'that's impossible' stand in our way.
Up for the challenge? Send us an email telling us why we need to meet you (including goals, resume and covering letter) to Andrea.Rickerby@somocreative.co.nz.
The new recruit can expect a competitive salary package and stellar career opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you experienced with copy writing and content creation?
- Do you have technical writing experience?
- How many years of copy writing experience do you have within an agency environment?
- Have you worked in a role where your duties included proof reading and sub-editing?