Lab Chemist/Technician-Paints & Coatings
Advertiser: Scientific & Technical Recruitment LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Physics
Our client, based in Tauranga, is an instantly recognised and well respected leader in the paints and coatings industry in Australasia. Committed to providing the ‘industry’s best’ in quality products, they are highly focussed on delivering outstanding customer service and technical support to their customers throughout Australasia. The Research & Development Group within the business undertakes a variety of key functions including development of new and existing products, development and testing for localisation licensing of products, Quality Control, testing & evaluation of raw materials, products and other investigative or special projects.
Due to phenomenal growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has now arisen for a highly energetic, self-motivated and technically sound Lab Chemist with background experience in manufacturing sector to develop their career within a highly competent and driven team where you will get ample opportunity to hone your skills in this niche sector.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Testing and preparation of product samples.
- Accurate and timely recording of results and reports.
- Support functions like QC / Production / Colour Lab as directed by the Technical Manager
- Follow and carry out good Safety, Health & Environmental practices with in the workgroup.
- Undertake other duties as may be required, including assisting with special projects within the Laboratory.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Surface Coatings or a highly relevant background qualification.
- Knowledge and formulation experience within the paints/coatings field, preferably protective surface coatings is highly desirable.
- A flair for creativity and innovation coupled with an intrinsic commercial acumen.
- Self-motivated, resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of flexibility to adapt to change in circumstances.
- Excellent written & oral communication and software skills.
- A personable and friendly disposition, a ‘team player’.
To learn more about this outstanding opportunity, apply online today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, quoting job number 08/1905/PB or call Pavan on 09 5255520 for a confidential discussion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?