Advertiser: Munro Hotel GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Tasman, Nelson
- $30 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Munro Hotel Group Ltd provides management services to 5 accommodation providers based in Nelson.
We are seeking a qualified accountant for a permanent part time role, based in Nelson, for approximately 20 hours per week, reporting directly to the Group General Manager., This new and developing role will be responsible for accounting, reporting and regulatory matters impacting the group, and ensuring desired outcomes are achieved.
Your time will be spent implementing, maintaining, managing and reviewing the accounting and management software used by the group. Preparing and presenting to management each month the management accounts for each entity including financial performance, financial position, projections and commitments. Preparing account reconciliations and ensuring balances are correctly reported. Maintain the fixed asset registers. Assist in preparing budgets for financials and ad-hoc projects. Ensure tax compliance requirements are met. Establish, oversee and assist with processing the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. Assist with ensuring cost effectiveness is maintained for products and services purchased including stock management. Assist with ensuring timely payments by customers and of suppliers. Reviewing and managing bad and doubtful debts. Overseeing staff payroll. Preparing agenda items and required reports for, and present to, various management meetings and support the overall planning, development and performance of the group.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A NZ qualified accountant
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in management and/or financial accounting roles in a commercial organisation, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Strong operational focus with a hands-on approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of internal and external customer service with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to work competently to agreed time constraints and deadlines
- A robust understanding of IT systems
- Knowledge of hospitality PMS systems
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Office suite with extensive skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competent with and have extensive skills in maintaining and using accounting software
To be successful in this role, you will require a high level of personal and professional standards , a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, be self-motivated and use initiative, be disciplined and have the ability to work to deadlines, systematic, well organised with the ability to prioritise and multitask. Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a high achieving team and desire to make a positive difference. Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with total discretion. Value open and honest communication. Flexible and receptive to change and new ideas. Ability to adjust to changing demands and circumstances and accept constructive criticism and work with others for continuous self and workplace improvement.
Please send Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com
For more information on Munro Hotel Group go to https://munrohotelgroup.co.nz
Applications close Friday 6 July 2019