Geothermal Production Technician
Advertiser: MercuryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Waikato, Taupo
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
We have a unique and rare opportunity for a Geothermal Production Technician within our Nga Awa Purua geothermal power station, just outside of Taupo.
You will be an integral part of the operations team that operates and manages our geothermal generation assets on a four-on/ four-off 12 hour shift rotation. Additionally you will be responsible for operating the generation assets safely while also adhering to standard operating procedures. This role encompasses the collection and entering of data for plant performance evaluation. There is a high level of autonomy where you will have sole charge responsibility of our major assets outside of business hours. As such your excellent organisational and interpersonal skills will be put to use here.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Previous experience in a geothermal industry is preferred however not essential
- A Mechanical or Electrical Trade Qualification would be advantageous
- Extensive experience in heavy process or manufacturing
- A National Certificate in Energy & Chemical Plant (Process Operation) Level 3 is desirable, but candidates who are willing to study towards this qualification will be considered
- Knowledge in the energy industry particularly related to asset management and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In working for Mercury you will join an IBM Best Workplace and become part of a diverse, professional and co-operative team environment where continual training and development is encouraged. You will also be given 5 additional leave days and have access to a number of great healthcare and insurance benefits as well as playing your part in an organisation committed to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
You will be proactive, have the ability to work under pressure and deliver results in a sole charge environment. If this sounds like the perfect role for you apply now to be considered. Applications close 26th June at 5pm.
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers