Full time Mission Coordinator, Auckland
Advertiser: NZ Air Ambulance ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
New Zealand Air Ambulance Service
Full time Mission Coordinator /Registered Nurse – Auckland, New Zealand
- Key Role Coordinating Air Ambulance and Commercial Missions
- Liaise with DHBs, Assistance Companies and Medical Teams
- Travel bookings, administration tasks and assisting the MD
- Organisation of Private Charter flights within NZ
- Coordinating international patient's
Based at Auckland International Airport and Hawkes Bay Airport we are New Zealand's largest aeromedical service in the country, operating our own fleet of aircraft for inter hospital transfers, and we are the only fully accredited international jet service retrieving critically ill patients throughout the South Pacific.
Our services are provided 24/7, and our mission coordination ensures smooth execution of bed to bed transport.
We are seeking a suitably experienced candidate to join our team on a permanent basis as a Mission Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtaining medical and logistical information from referring facility and relaying details to duty crews
- Determining and activating the most appropriate aircraft and crew including fixed and rotary wing
- Organising ground ambulance transport logistics, companion/relative travel as appropriate
- Monitoring flight progress updating ambulance communications and stakeholders regarding incoming flights, patient clinical status and logistics
- Coordinating multi-stop flights including overnights to international destinations for air ambulance movements
- Reporting service failure deliveries
- Prioritising cases in consultation with the NZAAS Director and Medical Director
- Progressively entering case information into the company's database system including ground handling and ground ambulance information for airports worldwide
- Liaising with the treating facility, accepting facility and family members throughout a mission
- Comprehensive handover at the end of shift
- Quoting for commercial, domestic and international missions ensuring medical appropriateness, client specific considerations and cost effectiveness
- Quoting for charter flights within NZ and the South Pacific
- Flexibility around rostered hours and on call work as shifts cover a 12 and 24 hour period
- Actively reaching out to new clients, and maintaining exceptional relationships with existing clients
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
Must be a registered nurse
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team with exceptional communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- High level of professionalism at all times when dealing with clients
- Proficient use of word and excel
- A high degree of maturity, stability and self-confidence, able to work productively in pressurised environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to focus on client needs and satisfaction
If you would like to be part of our team, please attach your CV with a covering letter addressing the role's essential criteria to the Seek ad.
Please note the role is is based in Auckland and includes working from your home
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?