Advertiser: Scientific & Technical Recruitment LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Food Technology & Safety
Our client is a progressive NZ owned business importing, marketing and distributing speciality ingredients with applications in diverse manufacturing industries including food, beverage, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical sectors. Their focus on excellent customer service, supplying premium quality ingredients coupled with innovative product solutions, ensures a unique proposition for their nationwide clients.
The Applications Technologist role is an exciting opportunity for a person who is highly energetic and innovative to learn and grow within a highly supportive and motivated team. Your core responsibilities will be to carry out the application work in conjunction with Account Managers, Senior Applications Technologist and Project t eam to ensure efficient delivery of all projects in a timely manner.
This is a very busy role where no two days will be the same. While the projects will be planned and executed regularly, there will always be something that needs prioritisation. Hence, you should be flexible and willing to adapt to change in situation quickly.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Carrying out both reactive and proactive projects for flavour and ingredient application work.
- Creating project application samples for tasting and/or submission to clients in close liaison with the account managers. Coordination and participation in tastings.
- Maintain ingredients and product application sample libraries.
- Accurate and prompt updating of ingredients, products, samples, pricing records, etc. in database.
- Providing the highest level of customer service to clients where you will be participating in client presentations, providing efficient technical support for any client queries of technical, commercial and logistics nature.
- Maintain all stock, equipment and consumables necessary for laboratory work.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have;
- A tertiary qualification and experience in Food Science/Beverage/Nutraceutical or relevant sector.
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills where you take ownership of your own responsibilities.
- Impressive communication abilities, both verbal and written across all levels of business.
- Ability to meet deadlines; work under conflicting time pressures in a team environment.
- Demonstrate initiative yet be able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Comprehensive commercial acumen where you have an inherent ability to analyse market trends, customer requirements and identify/implement innovative ideas.
- Positive, friendly attitude, a good sense of humour and ability to be a great team player.
Integral to your success in this role is your creativity and ability to think ‘outside the box’ complemented by your excellent communication skills and commercial nous. To learn more about this professionally rewarding position, apply online today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, quoting job number 05/1906/PB or call Pavan on 09 5255520 for more information.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in food science?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with product research & development?