Advertiser: FlexiDRILL LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Otago, Rest of Otago
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
About the business and the role
We develop very cool - world first drilling technologies as part of a strategic alliance with a rapidly growing global company.
We are needing an energetic, enthusiastic driller to set up and run a test site, with the focus on testing innovative down hole technologies for the mineral exploration industry.
This will be a dynamic - fast moving roll within a fun, friendly, team environment
Job tasks and responsibilities
Bench mark world first exploration technologies against industry standards
Help develop safe and efficient operating procedures
Maintain accurate drill logs and provide feedback to the design engineers.
Have input into product development with our engineering development team.
Skills and experience
This exciting position requires a "can do" attitude and experience in the mineral exploration industry, primarily with diamond core drilling.
You will be organised, mechanically minded, and enjoy working outdoors.
Good communication skills, the ability to think outside the square and a sense of humour are a must.
Job benefits and perks
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- As our drilling expert there is the potential for travel to assist with product commissioning
- The test site is within an easy 40 minute commute of either Dunedin, or Oamaru - both provide an excellent lifestyle, affordable housing and excellent schooling.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following drilling methods are you experienced with?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Have you completed a qualification in drilling operations?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?