Produce/retail assistant -Organic retail
Advertiser: Huckleberry Farms LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Wild Earth Organics( Huckleberry Tauranga)
Produce/Retail Assistant role
Wild Earth Organics – Tauranga Huckleberry store requires a self-motivated, honest, enthusiastic and energetic person with an interest in healthy food, particularly organics, and a good knowledge of produce for the role of Produce and Retail role.
- In conjunction with our Produce Manager - ordering, receiving, checking, pricing, stocking, displaying and merchandising produce.
- Dealing with customers about produce related queries
- Following occupational health and safety regulations.
- Advising customers on product use, benefits and recipes.
- Providing the highest level of customer service.
- Communicating effectively with customers and staff.
- Responsible for working closely with the Produce Manager and the Retail Manager.
Skill and Experience:
- Previous relevant work experience – at least 2-3 years, or a relevant business/management qualification is a must.
- Good self-management.
- A high level of knowledge regarding all produce.
- Demonstrating previous experience of ordering and stocktake.
- Have an eye for detail and sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Working as part of a wider store team.
- Good hygiene practices and understanding of all aspects of Health and Safety, Food Control Plan and Food Safety to provide a safe working and shopping environment for our customers and team members at all times.
This position will be full-time 40 hours per week. This includes weekend and evening shifts (until 5.30 pm).
You must be physically fit as some heavy lifting is involved. Must be able to work overtime if required.
Applicants for this position should hold NZ Citizenship or have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If interested in this position, please email a copy of your CV, a covering letter and at least 2 references to Melanie at email@example.com.
Applications close on 19th June 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?