Territory Sales Representative
Advertiser: Imperial Tobacco NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Sales Representatives/Consultants
We are looking for a talented Sales Represetnative to join our Lower North Island team, covering the Hutt Valley to Kapiti territory. This is a frontline field sales role focused on developing a broad business agenda in independent retail outlets across the route, oil and supermarket channels. You will be working with retailers to hold informed commercial conversations with the aim of building the tobacco category whilst delivering volume, share and profit growth for ITNZ.
Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 30 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the globe. Our New Zealand business (ITNZ) manufactures and distributes a wide ranging portfolio of quality tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Achieving volume, distribution, availability and coverage targets within a defined call base.
- Understanding customer needs and shopper dynamics within the retail outlet and align the business portfolio to those needs.
- Maximising ROI by effectively placing and managing all types of investment.
- Selling in new products using excellent selling techniques to meet the customer’s identified needs.
- Driving customer advocacy for our brands through educating retailers in tobacco category, cross category and brand information.
- Negotiating through trading variables to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Being the first point of contact for any issues relating to our products or services within area.
- Identifying and acting on new business opportunities through a robust understanding of the category and shopper behaviour in-store.
- Account manage locally based independent multi outlet retailers.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proactive, confident and self-motivated approach to their work.
- A resilient nature and positive mind-set.
- Strong commercial selling skills and techniques.
- Build strong relationships; understands retailer’s needs and seen as a ‘trusted advisor’.
- Challenge the norm – raise new ideas & perspectives.
- Leverage deep understanding of customers and shoppers – beyond the Tobacco category.
- Flexibility to travel outside of base location, including overnight, on a regular basis.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
- FMCG selling experience.
Imperial Tobacco NZ offers a competitive remuneration package, ongoing training and development through our world class Sales Field Force Academy and further career opportunities within our Wellington-based head office or internationally.
Applications close Friday 21 June 2019. Don't delay in applying for this opportunity. If the right candidate comes along then we will interview before applications close. Only application via seek will be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?