Advertiser: TMC Trailers LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
TMC Trailers is one of New Zealand's largest heavy transport engineers specialising in the manufacture, repair, and servicing of custom-made truck trailers and bodies for the transport industry. We provide the largest selection of heavy transport trailers available in New Zealand, and with facilities in both Christchurch & Auckland and over 70 employees have developed a very strong brand and are continuing to expand.
With more than 70 years of success, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality products and services and have established ourselves as a leader and innovator in engineering solutions for our client's needs.
We are seeking a new team member for our design team.
The main responsibilities of the role involves:
• Preparation of production drawing packs
• Creating and maintaining Bill of Materials
• Undertaking R & D work on existing and new products
• Analyzing and improving manufacturing processes
• Liaising with team members in fabrication and finishing enviroments
What We Offer:
- New challenges and experiences
- Competitive remuneration
- A friendly and social work place
- Opportunity to be a valued contributor to a growing innovative Kiwi owned business
- Medical insurance
We want you if you:
• have a minimum of 3 year experience within a similar role
• have a tertiary qualification in either Mechanical Engineering or Computer Aided Design
• have experience with Autodesk Inventor CAD software (a significant part of the role will be using this software)
• have experience in the heavy vehicle industry, is preferable but not a necessity
• have experience in a steel fabrication environment, is preferable but not a necessity
• have mechanical aptitude
• Are self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
• Are a team player
• Have good communication skills
• Take ownership of roles and are proactive
• Are reliable, accurate and take pride in your work
If you have been asking, “what’s next……..?” in your career then this is your chance to join a world leader in their field, don’t delay.
Applications will be treated in confidence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a design engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?