Theatre wardrobe assistant
Advertiser: Hamilton Operatic SocietyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jun 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- $17.70+ per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Performing Arts
About the business
At HOS we aim to support theatre companies and schools by providing cost effect costuming options for their productions. We also believe the best way to care for our vast collection of costume is to share it with the wider public. So we are growing a costume hire business and we are seeking a new person to join us
About the role
This role is for an assistant to work with costume and customers. The responsibilities for this role are varied but they include:
1. Providing costuming services to the general public, schools and production companies from our shop at the Clarence St Theatre.
2. Maintaining and repairing costumes to protect the society's large costume collection.
3. Supervising and directing volunteers
4. Being part of a team attempting to build a solid business in costume hire
You will be working during our shop hours -Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 1pm to 6pm.
A full job description is available on request
Skills and experience
Some knowledge of costuming, historical clothing or theatre is required. If the you don't have retail experience of some sort you will need to demonstrate a strong desire to work with customers to meet their needs.
Basic sewing experience will be helpful but not essential. If you have lots of sewing skills we will put them to good use.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?