Youth Worker position
Advertiser: Wakatipu Youth TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Are you easy-going, fun and good at making people feel welcome? Are you an outdoorsy-up-for-anything kind of person? Do you like to innovate and create? Can you organise and make things happen? Do you have experience working with young people aged 10-18 and up to 24 years old? If so, then you could be the person extraordinaire that we are looking for to join our dynamic crew of Youth Workers in Queenstown.
Wakatipu Youth Trust is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic youth worker for a 40 hour per week, 1-year, fixed term position commencing in July 2019.
- Ideally you will be experienced in working with and mentoring male youth in a one to one capacity, as well as, delivering outcomes-based programmes for young males.
- You will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a high level of computer literacy, self-management and personal integrity.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in working with youth, a relevant qualification and a commitment to working in the Wakatipu for a fixed term of 1 year.
- A current full clean New Zealand driver’s license is essential, and you must be legally entitled to work in NZ.
- Terms and conditions are negotiable for the right applicant.
- Check out what we do at www.wakatipuyouthtrust.co.nz.
- For a full job description and job application form, please email;
Jacqui Moir, email@example.com
- Please then email your CV with a covering letter and the job application form to Jacqui Moir, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 21st June 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a youth worker?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?