Advertiser: Wade Group 2011 LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- $80,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Seeking an experienced Design Engineer with a “Can-Do Attitude” to join our team! Are you keen to continue to develop your career within a fast paced and exciting industry? Now is your opportunity!
We design and manufacture in the niche market of high-quality specialty vehicles. Due to our continued growth and success we have an opportunity for a Design Engineer with a good eye for detail to join our team.
To be considered for this role, you'll need:
- To have an excellent standard of design workmanship in sheet metal design and weldment development
- Experience in producing manufacturing drawings, cutting lists, managing BoMs and providing fabrication instructions in line with company standards
- Strong communication skills and confidence in liaising directly with suppliers and in liaising with team members in production
- A minimum of three years’ experience in manufacturing
- A minimum of five years’ experience in design and project management
- The ability to translate customer requirements and concept drawings into robust fabrication instructions
- To have organised work practices, excellent multi-tasking and priority setting abilities
- Be safety conscious at all times and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Practical experience in engineering fabrication (light to medium) would be an advantage but is not essential. The candidate would benefit from possessing a thorough understanding of fabrication 'best practice'
- Assisting with the development of in-house systems
- An outstanding attitude towards customer service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant experience or training to tertiary level
- Ability to interpret plans and instructions with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Strong SOLIDWORKS skills with sheet metal & weldments, multibody parts and Autocad experience
- High technical skill with a strong work ethic and a focus on quality and the ability to solve complex problems
- An excellent grasp of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering
- High energy levels and the ability to work autonomously
- Prior experience in automotive design or bodybuilding would be an advantage
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility, with a 'can do' attitude and a focus on meeting deadlines
- Accountability and a willingness to report on progress and clearly communicate any difficulties before they become a crisis
- The ability to work autonomously and to be self-motivated
- Eligibility to work in NZ
- We offer a competitive remuneration and salary package
- Personal development opportunities and ongoing training
- A fun, strong team culture in a relaxed working environment
- Modern workshop and equipment
- Immediate Start
This is a terrific opportunity to join an industry leader and express your creativity in a dynamic business environment. Apply today and advance your career. If you would like to find out more about this role, please phone Carl Fitzwater today on mobile (021) 151 3900 or email your CV & Cover Letter to Carl@wadegroup.co.nz
How to Apply:
Click APPLY and attach your current resume and a cover letter outlining why you think you'd be a good fit for our business and how you meet the above criteria – don’t forget to include your location and an indication of when you could start.
- How many years' experience do you have as a design engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?