Event Operations - Superstar
Advertiser: Serene HoldingsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
We are looking for an Event superstar to join our team!
About our business
We are a catering and events company based in Christchurch but run events throughout the South Island.
With our brands Continental, Moveable Feasts & Pemberton plus some exciting new things to come) we accommodate a large sector of the catering and events market. We cater for over 150 weddings per season, 100’s of corporate & conferences and some of the South Islands largest events. Working alongside some of the best venues and event professionals the South Island has to offer we can do it all!
About the role
This is a role with variety, and ideal for someone who wants to continue their career in the events sector. You will be a crucial member of our cartel, with a ‘get the job done’ attitude.
If you have a flair for logistics with a high-energy can-do attitude then look no further.
This role is key and vital to ensuring our customer's events are delivered smoothly. Aspects include:
- Have a keen eye for attention to detail
- Have an innovative & solution-orientated state of mind
- Unflappable when things don't go to plan and able to solve problems on your feet
- Excellent people skills. You will be dealing with staff, clients, suppliers and other event specialists. You have to enjoy dealing with people’
- Positive leadership
- Enjoy & be confident working with, talking with, and meeting with clients and suppliers
- Be organised – the main task of the job is to run events
- Stock management – insuring we have the right equipment, in the right place and at the right time
- Being the main point of contact point during our events
- NZ Full Drivers licence and ability to drive manual vehicles/vans essential.
- This is a physical hands on role, working along side our Operations Manager, Sales team and kitchen team
- Rostering of event staff alongside our Operations Manager
- Hands on Supervision, direction and training of casual and part time team members
- Wine & food service & knowledge
- Computer savvy
The role is hands-on and involves working as part of a team on a diverse range of exciting events.
This is a full time role. You will need to have the flexibility to travel to large events within New Zealand, and work hours over the 7 day week.
A General Manager's Certificate (Sale of Liquor Act) is preferred but not essential.
It would be a bonus if you had some experience in the events or hospitality industry. The essential ingredient is to have the desire to provide the best experience for our clients, possess a hunger to learn and have great energy that makes people want to do business with us.
Remuneration relevant to skills and experience.
Check out our Instagram pages and see some of the epic events we are involved in!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?