Advertiser: Swire Pacific OffshoreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Swire Pacific Offshore (SPO) NZ Ltd, is a leading service provider to the offshore oil and gas industry. SPO has a global presence and is a trusted name in the offshore marine industry. HQ is based in Singapore, with regional offices (including New Plymouth) providing full commercial, operational and technical support to the vessels working within their region.
In New Plymouth, SPO is also partnered with Offshore Solutions Ltd, and provide an integrated package of marine and logistical services to support local offshore operations. SPO’s vision is ‘Excellence in Marine Services – excellence in every operation, every time, everywhere’ and along with a proactive attitude towards Health, Safety and the Environment, has a reputation for quality service.
Reporting directly to the Manager of the NZ Office, the Accountant will work as part of a small and cohesive team taking direct responsibility for the successful and smooth running of the financial and management accounting functions. The complexity of the two companies, joint ventures, compliance technicalities, local statutory regulations and overall company policies, means this role will suit an experienced NZ qualified accountant who enjoys a daily challenge.
A large percentage of your time is spent ensuring that you are managing the accounting reporting and internal controls functions to ensure that NZ statutory and internal compliance are adhered to, as well as, focusing on monitoring for risk analysis. Other important components will include maintaining accounting ledgers for NZ entities and cost centres, preparing and generating monthly financial statements and reports, monthly analyses and commentaries against budget, preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, preparing annual financial accounts, accounting/reporting for all NZ tax matters (including preparing returns, monthly tax provision calculations and journals) and facilitating statutory external audits, internal and tax audits
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified NZ Accountant with experience in NZ finance legislation and compliance
- 5 years commercial accounting, including 2 years management accounting experience
- Strong business acumen and an ability to fully understand complex businesses
- Meticulous attention to detail with finely tuned analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work with multiple external and internal customers
- Highly motivated, autonomous and well organised
- Experience in preparing financial statements and dealing with the audit process
- Experience in managing a direct report
- A high level of IT skills including Intermediate or Advanced Excel, ACE Payroll and MYOB
To be successful in this role, you will need the relevant NZ accounting qualifications, have proven experience in the areas of management accounting, commercial acumen, business analysis and reporting. This technical competence needs to be balanced against personal qualities that include a strong focus on quality, energy and a positive approach within a challenging and deadline focused business.
Apply online now with a copy of your CV and covering letter.
For more information on Swire Pacific Offshore Ltd visit http://www.swire.com.sg/
Applications close Monday 17th June 2019