Advertiser: MercuryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jun 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
We're currently on the lookout for a Project Coordinator to support the Infrastructure team to deliver project support on specific projects within Mercury. You might be an aspiring project or contract manager looking for your next move.
Initially the focus of the role will be to support the Project Manager and wider project team on the construction and integration of the first 33 wind turbines at Turitea near Palmerston North. This is part of Mercury's wind and wider generation development activities.
Support to the project is expected to be required for around 18 months. Beyond this, the role will revert into the Infrastructure Asset Management team with the opportunity to support future projects aligned with business direction.
In this role, you will report directly to the Infrastructure Manager, working closely with the Project Managers during project delivery phases.
- Provides efficient and comprehensive project coordination support to project delivery teams - using project management systems and tools
- Strong focus financial reporting and management focus including records/document management
- Liaise with the Project Manager and project team to coordinate required financial reporting, forecasting, information and cost control
- Supports the project team to issue required documentation
- Coordinates international and local transportation and shipping of equipment to relevant site
- Contributes to the company's health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate:
- An appropriate tertiary level administration, business or project qualification
- Experience in a similar role within a project management team preferred
- Good, clear understanding of project management processes and systems (CAPM or similar qualification preferred)
- Understanding/knowledge of contracts, documentation management and finance processes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills - particularly adapting approach, redirecting and delegating
- Computer literacy - particularly MS Office applications (high level of competency with Excel and Word). Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to travel within New Zealand for site meeting
In working for Mercury you will become part of a diverse, professional and co-operative team environment where continual training and leadership development is encouraged. You will also have access to a number of great healthcare and insurance benefits as well as playing your part in an organisation committed to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
If this all sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you, Apply now online to express your interest. Applications close Friday, 21st June at 5pm